• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

And now...I have three.

JennieBug

3 Year Member
When I was first seriously thinking about getting a T, I had been going back and forth about either doing a rescue (because a good majority of my "babies" are rescued) or ordering slings - I ended up ordering my two wonderful babies. Well, I got an response back from a girl I had talked to previously saying how she still hasn't found a home for her 9 year old G. Rosea and that she is moving and can't take her with her and if I still want her I can have her with her setup and all. No photo was ever posted, only a short description of her and a plea for re homing.

All I was told when I got there was that she got her from some family owned petstore who had her for 6 years prior to her owning her; that she is very active; likes to bury her super worms and once they turn into beetles she chases them around; that she is very docile; that she is about to molt - Don't know if any of this is true but I didn't really care at that point... She is in a Tall Exo Terra tank (was told she climbs to the top and "jumps" down to the floor - long fall x.x) Barely any substrate. Bone dry. Old leftover crix and a small blaberus fusca whos been running around in there I don't know how long. I couldn't just leave her.

So here she is. I named her Moneypenny. This is her setup as I got it - minus the thermostat and filled water bowl which I provided. I'm going to go ahead and let her rest from the ride home and tomorrow I'm going to figure out how to fix this tank setup.

WMDDzmV.jpg

jEsrU5g.jpg

qBSoHor.jpg

QzN0e37.jpg

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Bone dry is perfect, no overflow needed. You are right though, terrible terrarium for a rosea. Would be perfect for a large arboreal, however. :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's gorgeous! Congrats on the new addition. That tank is going to be pretty hard to set up properly for a rosie...I agree with ipd, definitely a good tank for a larger arboreal ;)

JennieBug

3 Year Member
I have a ton of extra tanks here, I was thinking on either switching her to one of those or possibly flipping this one on its side - would have to make some alterations to it but I'm sure it would work.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
I have a ton of extra tanks here, I was thinking on either switching her to one of those or possibly flipping this one on its side - would have to make some alterations to it but I'm sure it would work.

Yeah I'd do it pretty quick too, one miss step and a fall could really hurt that T from that distance. I hope you enjoy her! She looks beautiful.

Latest posts