• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Am I ready for a C. lividus? (Colbolt Blue)

ALD

3 Year Member
I was wondering what level of experience one should have before owning one? Also, I would love to hear what people who have them think of them. I was watching one of Tom's Big Spider videos, where he had said his was in hiding for a year. Is that typical to barely see them?

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I was wondering what level of experience one should have before owning one? Also, I would love to hear what people who have them think of them. I was watching one of Tom's Big Spider videos, where he had said his was in hiding for a year. Is that typical to barely see them?
C.lividus is a burrowing species so it will spend most of its time in its burrow, I still see mine outside quite often though. Only you can answer that question if your ready or not. If you really want one, do your research and prepare properly, you will be fine.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
I had one for a bit and sold it. It was cool but I only have so much room and it came as part of a CL deal originally.

The rehousing was pretty tough because of what it takes to get them out of the burrow. Other than that its just like any other burrower. You don’t really have to worry about escapes because they’d rather just go back in their burrow. I made a starter burrow in one corner that it took to so I had a pretty good view. It was kind of neat.