• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acceptable Enclosure For My Chilean Rose?

MichaelWayneBurton96

3 Year Member
I have her in a 10g tank with jungle mix as bedding, a half log as a hide away, a shallow water dish, and a small bit of moss for help with moisture. I feel like it is pretty empty, will that stress her out? Would it stress her out if I put more like plants or such in there?
image.jpg

Redacted

3 Year Member
The only real concern is the height. It can climb to the top and fall, possibly fatally. As for complexity, really, a hide and some open space with constant supply of water is all they need. They're a relatively flat open desert creature.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
personally i'd swap out the jungle mix for peat moss or eco earth coco fiber, they like it bone dry. Agree with @Walter1 on the height, you don't want her to fall and be injured. Raise your substrate up so the top of the cage is no more than 2x her lag span from the substrate.

Otherwise it looks good. Decoration is just for us. some of my T's like their enclosures bare, they'll dig up any plants i try and put in there and leave them in the water dish for me. All of mine just have a hide and a water dish now. I've added a couple things to the ones that don't want all the decorations gone, like a Buddha statue for my rosea sling (my son named the T Buddha)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
personally i'd swap out the jungle mix for peat moss or eco earth coco fiber, they like it bone dry. Agree with @Walter1 on the height, you don't want her to fall and be injured. Raise your substrate up so the top of the cage is no more than 2x her lag span from the substrate.

Otherwise it looks good. Decoration is just for us. some of my T's like their enclosures bare, they'll dig up any plants i try and put in there and leave them in the water dish for me. All of mine just have a hide and a water dish now. I've added a couple things to the ones that don't want all the decorations gone, like a Buddha statue for my rosea sling (my son named the T Buddha)
Does he rub it's big fat belly for luck too? ☺

Latest posts