• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. versicolor housing thoughts

Cjh

3 Year Member
I found a great local source of Ts right here on the forum, including many Avic species. Check out the thread Paul @ Pet Center USA under the vendor review section. Paul is awesome.

Regarding keeping an Avic, I'm used to specific care requirements of pets, I keep fish and aquatic inverts, so as long as the intel I'm getting is good. I'm fairly confident I can raise a sling to adulthood.

Ok, thank you. I do appreciate the mention. It is nice to find a vendor. My avi avi will age and might like a companion later. It could be helpful to her. I will read up on how well the communally house. I know it can be done.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What does the earth 's oxygen coming from the ocean have to do with anything? All you need is lots of cross-ventilation which is achieved by punching holes in the sides of the container. Like I said it's a spider not a fish or amphibian. If you're going to be making claims that what you're doing is beneficial to the spider's survival, then you need to be able to back those claims up with credible sources. So far, you've given us no reason to believe that what you're saying is true.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nonsequetar, Chubbs, but your input is noted, with thanks.

My point was that I'm capable of understanding and providing for a species specific housing needs, spider or otherwise. I'm here to learn what spiders need from experienced keepers. I profess no expertise based on disassociated hobbies, but I can also tune a carburetor if you think that will help ;)

Let's please not be so quick to call each other out, rather learn from each other, and ask questions when things stated don't seem clear.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Nonsequetar, Chubbs, but your input is noted, with thanks.

My point was that I'm capable of understanding and providing for a species specific housing needs, spider or otherwise. I'm here to learn what spiders need from experienced keepers. I profess no expertise based on disassociated hobbies, but I can also tune a carburetor if you think that will help ;)

Let's please not be so quick to call each other out, rather learn from each other, and ask questions when things stated don't seem clear.
Dang it, all my vehicles are EFI. Lol!
You'll do fine, I have confidence in your ability.
I think chubbs was referring to cjh in his posting.
Btw, did you acquire a cork tube for the enclosure yet? On another post you wanted a least a 12" piece, unfortunately I already had cut mine shorter. I'd have sent you one free. Let me know, as this Saturday is another show and if available will get a piece and send it.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I realize I was probably a bit self-conscious, and regrettably quick to reply. My bad.

Yes, I'm still on the look out for some cork tube and I'll gladly cover the exepense if you're willing to procure and ship a hunk out here :) thanks very much!

FWIW, I converted my '59 pickup to throttle body style EFI recently... I was glad to not have to re-jet the carb this summer :D

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I realize I was probably a bit self-conscious, and regrettably quick to reply. My bad.

Yes, I'm still on the look out for some cork tube and I'll gladly cover the exepense if you're willing to procure and ship a hunk out here :) thanks very much!

FWIW, I converted my '59 pickup to throttle body style EFI recently... I was glad to not have to re-jet the carb this summer :D
I'll shoot you a PM. I will need some for rehousing in the future myself.
Btw, last vehicle I did carb work on was my Yamaha R5C, NOT street legal. I raced it most of the 80's, such a nimble bike in the corners, not to mention wicked throttle response.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks a bunch!

I haven't ridden my RM since my daughter was born in 2006. Couldn't afford an injury or replacing all the plastic after the last crash - plus its got a leaky main seal and I was too lazy to pull the cases apart.

Latest posts