• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.versicolor arrival!!

kaz

3 Year Member
Yay my little sling arrived. Lucky I caught the post man at my door!! Popped out to pick my son up thought typically it will arrive then!! But lucky he was waiting at my door!! Anyways. Plenty of pics, love to share:

WELL PACKAGED!!
WP_20151113_007.jpg

WP_20151113_009.jpg

Hiding or at least trying to!!
WP_20151113_017.jpg

WP_20151113_018.jpg

Finally in the enclosure, been having a good look about!!

WP_20151113_019.jpg

WP_20151113_020.jpg

WP_20151113_024.jpg

And lastly my irminia having some munch!!
WP_20151113_003.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20151113_022.jpg
    WP_20151113_022.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 11

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
haha. Massexodus is right you will need more,many, many more!! Create space lots of it!!
Kaz, just some friendly advice, remember to keep air flowing through there, if you need to add more ventilation for yours, don't hesitate to put her in a catch cup and redo her house. They aren't delicate, but if their enclosures are too stuffy or wet, it will kill them. These guys need fresh air to thrive. Just a reminder, I'm sure you know this already :) Oh, and there's a pretty interesting video by Michael Jacobi on youtube where he and some friends go looking for Avics in Suriname. Apparently they're like house spiders there, found on walls and in houses and under eaves, but are also found in rolled up leaves on the ground, and in trees of course. Interesting video, though it takes awhile to get to the good stuff. :rolleyes:

kaz

3 Year Member
and cheers for the advice although done a thread about enclosure you said all seems good. Or you giving advice for the just incase. Got holes going all the way down on two sides. !!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
and cheers for the advice although done a thread about enclosure you said all seems good. Or you giving advice for the just incase. Got holes going all the way down on two sides. !!
I remember :) It was just in case advice :) I'm just paranoid because I lost one, sorry :( But she was unhealthy from the start, so I don't really feel it's my fault.

kaz

3 Year Member
I'm abit nervous I'm like is there enough ventilation, too much humidity too little. I'm just going to open the jar on a regular basis and not over do with the moisture!! Have filled the bowl and only over filled it slightly!! Cheers again though!! And sorry to hear about your loss!

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
To be fair, I think you're overthinking things a bit. Holes on the side of the enclosure for cross-ventilation, dry substrate, and a water dish that is kept full at all times. In the case of a sling, a bottle cap will do just fine.

Latest posts