• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A sling on the way

Linda Fluekiger

3 Year Member
I am getting another T. I am so excited. A Brazilian Black. I requested a girl, but we know how that goes. "Spot" is 1.5". My questions are. How big should my enclosure be. Can I feed a cut up super worm? I am very much nervous as Spot sounds very small. Thank you in advance.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am getting another T. I am so excited. A Brazilian Black. I requested a girl, but we know how that goes. "Spot" is 1.5". My questions are. How big should my enclosure be. Can I feed a cut up super worm? I am very much nervous as Spot sounds very small. Thank you in advance.
If you only have superworms, crushing the head does the trick. You don't have to cut them. At 1.5 inch, that T is quite big already for a sling. I myself have slings at less than half an inch big. :D

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
20140805_215151.jpg

1.5", that is a coca cola bottle cap

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It should be alright. Just imagine your thumb, your T's legs should be about the tip to the first joint. Then, its body should be at the center just below your thumb nail. I think that size T can handle an incapacitated superworm. ;)

Linda Fluekiger

3 Year Member
It should be alright. Just imagine your thumb, your T's legs should be about the tip to the first joint. Then, its body should be at the center just below your thumb nail. I think that size T can handle an incapacitated superworm. ;)
Thank you for the info. I am feeling much less nervous about the new arrival.

Meludox

3 Year Member
I agree, 1.5" is nothing. I ordered some slings a few days ago all at 3/4" and I could've died when I opened the 1/4" freebie Nhandu chromatus. Smallest T I have ever seen.

Latest posts