• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Seemani humidity HELP

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I need help keeping humidity up in my a seemani. And my avic. Substrate is mixed with vermiculite and I mist regularly but humidity doesn't stay long
If you need to,you could add waterbowls. I have found out the hard way those things like humidity %,do not always apply. Even humidity meters are not always correct,and pick up ambient humidity of the room.

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
The other thing that you can do, something I have to do here in CA, is to partially cover the tops of your enclosures with plastic wrap. This will help to keep the humidity up a bit but still allow air flow. When I do it I cover roughly half of the lid with plastic wrap.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The other thing that you can do, something I have to do here in CA, is to partially cover the tops of your enclosures with plastic wrap. This will help to keep the humidity up a bit but still allow air flow. When I do it I cover roughly half of the lid with plastic wrap.
I work on a similar principle,I limit airvents.

Tyronne

3 Year Member
I use a bottle cap with some aquarium pebbles + water for my avic sling. That plus a couple drops of water in the substrate every 3 days or so. The little guy hasn't webbed just as yet so I don't mist. I know he's healthy though due to the aggressive nature in which he took down a cricket today and dragged it away onto the leaf of its silk plant to eat it :) I have also read that even for avics, ventilation is still more important than humidity. Just as long as it's not bone dry. I witnessed my sling drinking from the pebbles so i'm not too worried about its hydration.

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
I cover part of the tank tops with cling-wrap too. Works for my frogs that are a lot more finicky about humidity than the spiders.

Latest posts