• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Purpurea

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just arrived today. Lucky to get it as royal mail did a fantastic job of looking after the package!!!!
(Ignore the name on the container BTW. ...lol)
20151230_105215.jpg
20151230_101124.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on the new T. I'm guessing the packaging wasn't too good.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the new T. I'm guessing the packaging wasn't too good.
More the way treated by Royal Mail tbh. Lots of bubble wrap and a heat pad so all the right things apart from a label for live insects or handle with care etc. I reckon a much heavier box was just thrown on it. The spiders seems OK tho so far.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Phil Ahh, I thought they may have been in a padded envelope, I've had some come like that. The best packaging I've seen is from Spiders World in Poland, the vials are packed in a poly box inside a cardboard box so double protection.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OMG. What a little cutey!
Im so jealous.. Can't wait till i get one myself :rolleyes:
If you can then do. This is a lovely little thing about 5/6 cm Legspan. Look very leggy which is common for tree dwellers but I reckon is likely a male. Never mind. Plenty of growing still to do so will still be with me a while. Have cute even smaller a. Versicolor too... see media section. Avic slings must be the best looking. Hands down, no contest.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Phil Ahh, I thought they may have been in a padded envelope, I've had some come like that. The best packaging I've seen is from Spiders World in Poland, the vials are packed in a poly box inside a cardboard box so double protection.
That sounds Royal Mail proof....lol. Only just started getting Ts delivered as had always travelled to see for myself. Would be a massive leap of faith to go further afield like Poland but I believe the range and stock is worth it :).

rénee

3 Year Member
If you can then do. This is a lovely little thing about 5/6 cm Legspan. Look very leggy which is common for tree dwellers but I reckon is likely a male. Never mind. Plenty of growing still to do so will still be with me a while. Have cute even smaller a. Versicolor too... see media section. Avic slings must be the best looking. Hands down, no contest.
Yes My A. Avic is such a cutie, I feel like mine is a male too for some reason lol.. but we will see. I live in a place that doesnt allow pets.. even though i have 8 already lmao.. i can't keep pushing my luck. SO i will have to wait. But i have a few on my wish list.. :T:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes My A. Avic is such a cutie, I feel like mine is a male too for some reason lol.. but we will see. I live in a place that doesnt allow pets.. even though i have 8 already lmao.. i can't keep pushing my luck. SO i will have to wait. But i have a few on my wish list.. :T:
If you are going to be hung for a lamb, steal a sheep I always say....he he. In other words, the worse they can do is based on one pet, so I reckon you should make it 9 and go for it.....lol. Hope you mange to sort something out and stay under the radar with your collection :)

rénee

3 Year Member
If you are going to be hung for a lamb, steal a sheep I always say....he he. In other words, the worse they can do is based on one pet, so I reckon you should make it 9 and go for it.....lol. Hope you mange to sort something out and stay under the radar with your collection :)
Lmao well the good part is all 6 pets are mine, and they are in enclosures, so my BF and i put a lock on our door and if we know the landlord is coming we just lock it. My roommate has to go hiding the cats haha. But in my 6 months of living here, the landlord has only come in once, and gave us 24 hour notice.. So i really am debating it.

I did email Bristol about shipping to Canada and that i would need it to arrive on a specific day, and just asked them about their packaging, so i am waiting for a reply.. :p

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That sounds Royal Mail proof....lol. Only just started getting Ts delivered as had always travelled to see for myself. Would be a massive leap of faith to go further afield like Poland but I believe the range and stock is worth it :).

The price is a big temptation too. I was recommender Spiders World and have had a few from them now and can't fault them. They have stopped taking orders for the winter but I'm sure I'll order from them again.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The price is a big temptation too. I was recommender Spiders World and have had a few from them now and can't fault them. They have stopped taking orders for the winter but I'm sure I'll order from them again.
Will certainly give them serious consideration. Thanks @Emn49

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I will certainly give them a look. Thank you again for all yur advice and support. :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hmmm. Does the purpurea need that higher temp and humidity like the website says?

The only thing that site doesn't have that I have to order this time is the A. chalcodes. I can get this purpurea there, the B. smithi, and the G. pulchripes. guess i'll have to pass on the lemon patch until next time, or add a GBB or B. emelia to this order. H. triseraitus is way at the top of my list though, and i can only find them at one vendor with the others i want. Damn i hate this lol.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hmmm. Does the purpurea need that higher temp and humidity like the website says?

The only thing that site doesn't have that I have to order this time is the A. chalcodes. I can get this purpurea there, the B. smithi, and the G. pulchripes. guess i'll have to pass on the lemon patch until next time, or add a GBB or B. emelia to this order. H. triseraitus is way at the top of my list though, and i can only find them at one vendor with the others i want. Damn i hate this lol.
All my spiders are on a thermostat set at about 75 degrees and without heat at all for 4 hours at night. No problems with the puperea at that temp. Eating well and active. I spray and have fresh water as most avics seem to like it on the higher humidity side. Apart from that, they all get treated the same. Picking up an a. Diversipes on Wednesday to add to the puperea and versicolor.

Latest posts