• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Geniculata Clinging to The Enclosure Corner.

Jono8Legs

Hey all,

My 6cm-7cm A. Geniculata arrived two days ago. since then, it has only stood on the side of the enclosure. I know it takes a few days for them to settle down, but I think something may be wrong since this is the only location it is hanging out in. When it was first put in the enclosure, it hid in the coocnut hide for 2-3hrs then it stood in the middle, climbed atop the sphangum moss atop the coconut hide and has now stayed in this corner for over day. It shifted slightly onto the wall of the condensation for an hour or so, but returned to the corner again. I know when a tarantula does this, either the enclosure or substrate is problematic, but I'm sure I got the sizing right and the humidity levels correct. It could just still be settling in, but the fact it hasn;t budged for over a day concerns me. If it remains here for a few days more, then I believe there must be a problem with my husbandry. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Technical details

Enclosure size: 20 x 20 x 20 tarantula room cube.

T size: 6-7cm (with the general sizing rule being 3x the legs pan I assume the enclosure size is correct give or take 1-2cm.)

Substrate used: Rainforest substrate from The Spider Shop mixed with vermiculite, sphagnum moss, lichen moss and brown leaf litter. the substrate was misted along with the sides of the enclosure to match the moist, barely dry climate in Northern Brazilian rainforests.

Attachments

• 3B547BFE-0612-4284-A0A6-477920F72A6A.JPG
    3B547BFE-0612-4284-A0A6-477920F72A6A.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • tempImageijbFcd.png
    tempImageijbFcd.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImageByK6eS.png
    tempImageByK6eS.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImage5Fwa8O.png
    tempImage5Fwa8O.png
    14.3 MB · Views: 11
  • tempImageXZxPCD.png
    tempImageXZxPCD.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 11
  • tempImageTb6TUW.png
    tempImageTb6TUW.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 9

Jono8Legs

Update: I removed the water dish for a couple of hours, and it moved! walked around the enclosure and now snug inside its hide. I imagine the humidity may have been too high in this instance.

Latest posts