• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. genic acting strange after molting. Includes video..

Loafman

3 Year Member
Hi folks!
I woke up yesterday morning to catch the tail end of one of my genics molting. All appeared to have gone well.
A little later in the day I noticed she had rolled over onto her side, and was acting kind of strange. She appeared to be trying to stick one of her legs into her mouth, using her fangs to help. I can only assume that something was maybe irritating her mouth parts and she was trying to clean her mouth or dislodge the irritation.

She is behaving normally again today, so I guess she sorted it. Here is a video I took, please excuse the poor quality as it was on digital zoom, so is not great resolution. Anyone seen anything similar before?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ive seen several of mine do this, just not in that position :) She seems to be grooming and seems to be calmly coming out of the molt. Nice video, I like how she's lying on her side, casual looking, lol.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
never seen on on their side like that, but yes mine clean that way also after molt. Yours is just lazy ;)