• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Avicularia on Ground

Burrito

Hello all,

I'm hopefully overly concerned over nothing but my A. Avic has spend the last 2 days just chilling on the substrate instead of up to where she usually likes to vibe. She comes down a lot to grab dirt but rarely spends this much time on the ground.

Usually when she's close to the ground, she's hungry. I assumed she was in premolt because she has definitely been slowly sliding down the glass for a while, but she's still been eating. At first I thought she was just killing and tossing the bodies aside, but it just looks like she doesn't like eating wings anymore.

She's not sluggish at all, she still sniped a red runner and a lobster roach yesterday. She also took food again today and one-shot-killed as usual. But she hasn't gone back up. She doesn't have any shiny bald spots and I honestly don't think she looks fat enough to be molting? I know arboreals can be skinnier so I'm really not sure.

Is she dehydrated? I have a large water dish on the ground and she isn't curled up at all.

spooderbb.jpg