• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A avicularia informational

khatchet

3 Year Member
Avicularia avicularia/ Pink toe

Biology

This spider is native to South America, it lives in the rain forest there. They are an arboreal species, they make there funnel web borrow in the bark and branch of trees. As adult they have dark body and pinkish feet. They grow to about 4 to 5 inch, female will live 10 to 15 years. The males much less then that as they grow very fast.

Care

Keep at 70 to 75 degrees. I try to keep mine at 75% humidity and will jump to 80 when in pre molt. The need a tall tank. Try to keep leaf vines in the tank for them to hide and make their homes in. I lightly mist the enclosure ever 1 or 2 days just as needed. I feed once a week. They are quick to run when handled so I would not suggest it. It is a great first tarantula or first arboreal.
This has been my informational on the A avic. Thanks for reading.As always if there is one on any kind of spider you want me to make just send me the request. DSC00010.JPG DSC00009.JPG

khatchet

3 Year Member
I do it very lightly and almost not at all where they like to hang out. My Avic have always drink for the drops of water, so I like for them to be able to do that.

Latest posts