• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

8 hours later 2:34 A.M. I finally noticed the most awesomeness wicked spooky thing ever :D

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
UJfJbBqVooo.jpg

VP8p_PyQx-o.jpg

OENqxNLg-CE.jpg
EGMLvk3gyRU.jpg
_S3kTxOHLlY.jpg

Finally the molt....I got a better photo this time the best and possible clearest I can get what do you guys say?
fpB8XT37NeI.jpg

Anyways I'm so happy I saw this a Tarantula molting for the first time so wicked!!! :T::T::T::T::T::T::T::T::T::T:

Spidro

3 Year Member
Very cool! I Didnt actually realize these guys molted while still vertical. Nice shots. I hope mine decides to molt soon :p just got through cleaning out her whole enclosure, had to be done, mold. Now hopefully she can molt comfortably if need be (y).

Last edited by a moderator:

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Very cool! I Didnt actually realize these guys molted while still vertical. Nice shots. I hope mine decides to molt soon :p just got through cleaning out her whole enclosure, had to be done, mold. Now hopefully she can molt comfortably if need be (y).
Is the potty language necessary?:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
I suppose its not "necessary," but it is effective. Are u defending the mold? Lol. Just kidding, i can edit my post if that is necessary.
I don't know what you said or if it's just mold but anyways I've a bad jaw for me I cuss a lot XD plus I'm 21 anyways XD

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Mine was quite funny I came home from getting a veggie burger and some fries and I saw him making a web on the ground then a few minuets he was on his back then I know I shouldn't have probably done this but I helped him rolled on his back he was sideways like kinda on his side so I gently flipped him over on his back. Then I helped him rolled back over on top look like he was struggling and very tired but I did the process of helping very gently. Anyways I'm so happy I got these photos and 2 finally capture this moment

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
If you knew you probably weren't supposed to touch him, why did you proceed to anyway....? Really. Tarantulas molt many times throughout their lives. Some of them are MUCH bigger and bulkier than your T, and they still manage to flip themselves over before and after a molt, even if it was exhausting. People don't say "LEAVE YOUR T ALONE DURING THE MOLTING PROCESS" because they want to spoil fun for you or so that your T has a harder time molting. Plain and simple, it can be VERY bad for your T. Especially post-molt flipping. They're still soft and gooey and very easily injured.

Congrats on your molt (although I can't personally sex it, try to get a better focused shot right between the book lungs. Someone else might be able to tell from a blurry pic), but I URGE you to never touch your T during the molting process. It's for their safety.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you knew you probably weren't supposed to touch him, why did you proceed to anyway....? Really. Tarantulas molt many times throughout their lives. Some of them are MUCH bigger and bulkier than your T, and they still manage to flip themselves over before and after a molt, even if it was exhausting. People don't say "LEAVE YOUR T ALONE DURING THE MOLTING PROCESS" because they want to spoil fun for you or so that your T has a harder time molting. Plain and simple, it can be VERY bad for your T. Especially post-molt flipping. They're still soft and gooey and very easily injured.

Congrats on your molt (although I can't personally sex it, try to get a better focused shot right between the book lungs. Someone else might be able to tell from a blurry pic), but I URGE you to never touch your T during the molting process. It's for their safety.

Hello
I have to agree fully with this statement, if I didn't I shouldn't be in the hobby. The T's safety comes first,the only time I'd intervene would be when a T has a stuck limb etc. Still I wouldn't touch the T,I'd use a paintbrush and wet the area helping the T to pull free. I also get the fact you were concerned,but sometimes we must step back and see what happens before intervention since our actions could do more harm than good. You were pretty lucky with this time,some of my T's can take up to 24 hours to molt so don't stress too fast. Must add,beautiful T.

Tara Russell

3 Year Member

I know I couldn't help it I was just freaking out but thank you ^^

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Hello
I have to agree fully with this statement, if I didn't I shouldn't be in the hobby. The T's safety comes first,the only time I'd intervene would be when a T has a stuck limb etc. Still I wouldn't touch the T,I'd use a paintbrush and wet the area helping the T to pull free. I also get the fact you were concerned,but sometimes we must step back and see what happens before intervention since our actions could do more harm than good. You were pretty lucky with this time,some of my T's can take up to 24 hours to molt so don't stress too fast. Must add,beautiful T.
Thank you ^^ he is like super pink now :D

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Tara you have to understand that you CAN help it. Keeping Ts is fun, but you can't just do it for you. You have to do it for them too. You have to keep them safe and healthy. If you do that with every T you have when it molts, I can PROMISE you something will go very, very wrong one day.

Tara Russell

3 Year Member

I know :/ also I remembered your post about your B. Boehmei I remember you put the T in ICU? How has your T been?

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
I don't mean to chew you out over a public forum. I just want you to be equipped with the proper knowledge of how to take care of a T properly.

Thank you for asking. After about 12 hours in the ICU I put him back in his enclosure. He's been fine ever since and is eating well :)

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
I don't mean to chew you out over a public forum. I just want you to be equipped with the proper knowledge of how to take care of a T properly.

Thank you for asking. After about 12 hours in the ICU I put him back in his enclosure. He's been fine ever since and is eating well :)
I understand ^^ oh that's good news glad he is doing well :D

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Picture of exo is very blurry, but it looks male to me. Looking at the freshly molted spider, it almost looks as if it could be a mature male now. I can't say for sure, of course, because I can't see the pedipalps.