• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

10 new naturalistic enclosures finally done.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Hi all,
All my Ts live in my bedroom, unusual fact for someone who was so petrified of spiders only a year ago, since then my collection is up to 12 and with a T show on tomorrow, a purse full of money and a hold-all of monumental size I am armed and ready,
They was only one space left in my room to house more Ts, a wardrobe, I decided that if it was between a wardrobe and Ts it had to be Ts, how many clothes and shoes do you really need??
So here’s the new unit, 12 new houses, all wired with strip led lights, it’s been a big project but I’ve finished today with less than 24 hours to the big spend.
Hope you all enjoy the new houses.
I bought 3d foam aquarium backgrounds off eBay, coloured them with nontoxic acrylic paint, sponging and stippling for a more natural look, theming them to the sorts of decor that would be in each,
EBFC3E07-E358-4258-89FA-F55FBEF981E8.jpeg

Foam backgrounds stuck in with silicone, lots of ingredients on floor,
I bought aquarium stones if different colours and textures... iwagumi stone, Malawi cichlid stone, red and white samurai stone, dragon stone and a big box of mopani.
EF4F55DA-9AFD-4891-9663-5FD13200580D.jpeg
7AD6CFE0-CAF7-4DA6-AE8F-AE97B9A41209.jpeg

These are the led lights, four strips to a pack, 10mm square and about 12” long, by pure coincidence there is a ledge on the inside of these Komodo habitat vivs and the lights nestle under each one neatly.
72665BFD-5CAC-4255-A706-0206D6D8EAF1.jpeg
0DCD6E53-B16C-4D1D-B9A8-AB739588BA93.jpeg

So this instead of a wardrobe and much nicer I think,
3A73AFD7-68D8-40DF-A44E-80EC7F1ED3BD.jpeg
14BF526D-1A43-48F3-A278-21EBF9050791.jpeg

This is the other original unit of 12 Ts.

4F8C11F2-F961-46D0-AD47-1F96F9616A05.jpeg
68605742-BD71-422F-ACC2-8B00B7671DC5.jpeg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all,
All my Ts live in my bedroom, unusual fact for someone who was so petrified of spiders only a year ago, since then my collection is up to 12 and with a T show on tomorrow, a purse full of money and a hold-all of monumental size I am armed and ready,
They was only one space left in my room to house more Ts, a wardrobe, I decided that if it was between a wardrobe and Ts it had to be Ts, how many clothes and shoes do you really need??
So here’s the new unit, 12 new houses, all wired with strip led lights, it’s been a big project but I’ve finished today with less than 24 hours to the big spend.
I bought 3d foam aquarium backgrounds off eBay, coloured them with nontoxic acrylic paint, sponging and stippling for a more natural look, theming them to the sorts of decor that would be in each,
View attachment 34958
I bought aquarium stones if different colours and textures... iwagumi stone, Malawi cichlid stone, red and white samurai stone, dragon stone and a big box of mopani.
View attachment 34959 View attachment 34960
These are the led lights, four strips to a pack, 10mm square and about 12” long, by pure coincidence there is a ledge on the inside of these Komodo habitat vivs and the lights nestle under each one neatly.
View attachment 34961 View attachment 34962

View attachment 34963 View attachment 34964

View attachment 34965 View attachment 34966
Im in admiration of your setup @Tabitha you've done a fantastic job!:D
you will have some very lucky Ts that get to live there:)
well done and I hope you manage to get what you are looking for tomorrow!
keep up the good work-you are very talented at creating fantastic homes for Ts;)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow. @Tabitha : puts my T room to shame.
Contact Phil. Before you know it..that set-up will be a tarantula house.......I think he charges admission to his place:D
yeah I'm sure your right there @WolfSpider :D its like trying to get a ticket to the hottest gig in town-phone up and its all sold out in 60 seconds lol-better luck next time-I will keep trying lol:D

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all,
View attachment 34958
View attachment 34959 View attachment 34960
View attachment 34961 View attachment 34962

View attachment 34963 View attachment 34964

View attachment 34965 View attachment 34966
Your set-ups are excellent, it makes a great display!

People think you're mad paying for rocks and wood, or even collecting your own, but I still have volcanic rock pieces I bought when I was 10. Mopani wood will last a lifetime too, all good investments imo.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Thank you all, sounds like I could be very busy! I’d love to do some set ups for sure! :D

@Dave Jay thats amazing you still have that aquarium rock, it is worth the money for sure, i bought a box of six mopani pieces, the whole box only cost what I’ve seen a single piece go for and they were fantastic shapes, I could become quite obsessed collecting mopani and stones... oops too late! :rolleyes:
:)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you all, sounds like I could be very busy! I’d love to do some set ups for sure! :D

@Dave Jay thats amazing you still have that aquarium rock, it is worth the money for sure, i bought a box of six mopani pieces, the whole box only cost what I’ve seen a single piece go for and they were fantastic shapes, I could become quite obsessed collecting mopani and stones... oops too late! :rolleyes:
:)
hope you got some nice Ts at that show to fill your lovely set ups with!?:)
where did you get your mopani from as it sounds like you got a good deal?-it can be really expensive:(

Tabitha

3 Year Member
@ilovebrachys Hi, yes I got a few! I’ll tell you about them in awhile I promise, just letting them settle and hoping they are all o.k, but just to say the mopani was from Zooplus, £36 for 6 piece, free delivery over £50 and the quality of the pieces was absolutely exceptional, each piece was 12” x 6” to 16” and really fantastic shapes, I would see each retail at £20-30 easily. They also supply super sets of aquarium rocks.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@ilovebrachys Hi, yes I got a few! I’ll tell you about them in awhile I promise, just letting them settle and hoping they are all o.k, but just to say the mopani was from Zooplus, £36 for 6 piece, free delivery over £50 and the quality of the pieces was absolutely exceptional, each piece was 12” x 6” to 16” and really fantastic shapes, I would see each retail at £20-30 easily. They also supply super sets of aquarium rocks.[/QUOT
Thanks @Tabitha for that I have ordered from them before-so I will have a look at there website :)
I look forward to seeing your updated T collection!:D

Latest posts