• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

zombie t?

david11

3 Year Member
my g rosea and my b albopolisum both do this.
so 2 of my tarantulas sometimes curl their legs beneath them like they are dead but when i open the lid they are perfectly fine,they get up,walk around,and behave like normal t's for a few days,then i find them in the death curl again,my b albopolisum started doing this yesterday,and my g rosea has been doing this for almost 3 months :( if they are sick i will give them for free to someone who is an experienced t keeper cuz i dont want them to die because of me if its my fault :(

david11

3 Year Member
they cant be dehydrated cuz i feed them often enough but they are not overfed and they both know where their water is,i hope their are just top notch trollers

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Are you sure they aren't grooming themselves when they do that? Mine sometimes have half of their legs curled under, what they're actually doing is clean their feet, lol. If they look plump and otherwise move around fine I don't think there's any reason to worry.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with fuzzy on this one. All u can do is make sure they have the right environment, water and food available. If u r doing all of this then there isnt much u can do about it. But if they are moving around and eating....i wouldnt worry too much.

Zeirath

3 Year Member
Are you sure they aren't grooming themselves when they do that? Mine sometimes have half of their legs curled under, what they're actually doing is clean their feet, lol. If they look plump and otherwise move around fine I don't think there's any reason to worry.

That's actually a good point! First time I saw my little T do this I freaked and thought she was in a death curl, on closer inspection she was just groomin

david11

3 Year Member
thanks for the replies and for telling me that that is how they clean their feet ^^ i was literally thinking about giving them away

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thanks for the replies and for telling me that that is how they clean their feet ^^ i was literally thinking about giving them away
Mine do it to. Try and get a good look at them, see if they're sticking their legs in their mouths. Also, if they're doing it a lot, it could possibly be mites. Not saying it is, but if you want to check, wait until dark, and shine a flashlight in their enclosure sideways from your point of view. If you have mites, you can see them moving that way. I do this periodically, just to check mine. But you named two dry species, so I don't really expect you to find any mites. And David, you can't overfeed a spider! :) They'll refuse before they explode:D

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my g rosea and my b albopolisum both do this.
so 2 of my tarantulas sometimes curl their legs beneath them like they are dead but when i open the lid they are perfectly fine,they get up,walk around,and behave like normal t's for a few days,then i find them in the death curl again,my b albopolisum started doing this yesterday,and my g rosea has been doing this for almost 3 months :( if they are sick i will give them for free to someone who is an experienced t keeper cuz i dont want them to die because of me if its my fault :(
It's called grooming lol. I think you're overreacting a bit here.

Latest posts