• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

young pink toe not eating very much?

spidysoph

I am new to the tarantula mom world and I love baby lucy more and more every day. Anyways, is it normal for they/them to not be eating a lot? I was told that T's eat about 5 small-medium crickets a week, however, mine is about a year old and will eat one medium-sized cricket a week on average. Is this normal? This is the second time I have put a live cricket in her cage and the cricket has died and had to be removed (I might love T's but maggots are a big no so I remove them as soon as I notice they are dead). I have done a plethora of research and thus have attempted to place the cricket right by my T still to no avail.

I really appreciate all of the welcoming and helpful words from you all :)

Tboltguy1000

As menavodi said, tarantulas have been known to not eat for weeks or even months on end. This is completely normal for a ton of species. Not something to be alarmed about or worry about, but definitely keep an eye on her and keep trying to feed her weekly. If she refuses food, try again a week later.

Latest posts