• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Xenesthis intermedia (Juvenile Female) Local (Fl.) and Shipping available

louroque

Good afternoon to all.

The item for Sale:

Xenesthis intermedia: $300.00

I have been thinning out my collection over the course of the last 8-10 months. Although I have given away the vast majority locally (95%), I will be selling some (mostly females) to offset the cost of not only those I have given away but also some of the costs associated with other projects. While I realize this is my first sale and post on this forum, you are welcome to ask the likes of experienced retailers and breeders that I have done business with in the past (eg. Tom Saxen, Tom Patterson, Jeremy Huff, Tanya Stewart, etc.)

If you have any questions about this girl, please feel free to message me directly. Thank you again for your time, and please remember this will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. If anyone has high costs of shipping costs associated with their location, I am more than willing to work with each individual on a case-by-case scenario.

Sales Terms & Conditions

First and foremost, I am not a retailer or a breeder. Since I have a regular job, the buyer will need to understand and be respectful of the fact that I will need a few days to turn a sale around and complete shipment once the terms have been agreed upon. I will make all shipments via FedEx Overnight Priority for next-day delivery. If you are in Florida, you will save substantially, since the next day overnight is by ground. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs. Please ensure you calculate shipping as the shipment will originate from a FedEx HUB in the following zip code: 33186.

FedEx Rate Checker: https://bit.ly/2WEwsQ0

Once a buyer is identified and confirmed, I will prepare the shipment and ONLY ship out on a suitable Tuesday or Wednesday. I will send out a FedEx tracking number to the buyer as soon as I drop the shipment off at my FedEx HUB. Please be aware that I will ONLY ship out directly to another FedEx HUB facility; this is not negotiable.

DISCLAIMER:

• The BUYER must be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older.
  • I will NOT ship unless weather permits.
  • LAG does NOT include shipping charges.
  • LAG will be void if communication is not received within 2hrs. of package drop-off at FedEx HUB.
  • I will require the buyer to ship any DOA back to me at their personal cost.
GENERAL TERMS:

Buyer is responsible to have knowledge of their state and local laws.

PAYMENTS: All fees associated with the use of payment terms below will be added to the total sale price.

• Cash (Local buyer)
  • Venmo
  • CashApp
  • PayPal
  • Zelle

Attachments

• IMG_1610.JPEG
    IMG_1610.JPEG
    719.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1611.JPEG
    IMG_1611.JPEG
    445.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1612.JPEG
    IMG_1612.JPEG
    986.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1613.JPEG
    IMG_1613.JPEG
    549.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    856.3 KB · Views: 20

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum, fellow hobbyist!

I've never seen this "condition" before:
I will require the buyer to ship any DOA back to me at their personal cost.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of that, so you can validate a dead spider?

Is that a condition of your LAG, or just any DOA?

What if they shipped it regular mail, uninsulated, and it took a week to get to you?

Wouldn't a video chat suffice?

Also, why not post a Hello and About Me post in the Introductions section? We love meeting fellow hobbyists, learning about their collections and history in the hobby.

GLWS

louroque

Welcome to the forum, fellow hobbyist!

I've never seen this "condition" before:
I will require the buyer to ship any DOA back to me at their personal cost.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of that, so you can validate a dead spider?

Is that a condition of your LAG, or just any DOA?

What if they shipped it regular mail, uninsulated, and it took a week to get to you?

Wouldn't a video chat suffice?

Also, why not post a Hello and About Me post in the Introductions section? We love meeting fellow hobbyists, learning about their collections and history in the hobby.

GLWS
Appreciate the comments and questions octanejunkie.

My error as I should have added if the buyer chooses. I have heard of some that have wanted to send back specimens to shippers, breeders, etc. in the past. No, not required by me.
  • I will require the buyer to ship any DOA back to me at their personal cost. (if the buyer so chooses)
Yes, video chat would suffice. Again, wrong syntax on my end. As for "What if they shipped it regular mail, uninsulated, and it took a week to get to you"? Not certain what you mean. Again, I was referring to the buyer wishing to return to me after confirmation of DOA within the specified time frame. I hope that clarifies things.

Thanks again!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Appreciate the comments and questions octanejunkie.

My error as I should have added if the buyer chooses. I have heard of some that have wanted to send back specimens to shippers, breeders, etc. in the past. No, not required by me.
  • I will require the buyer to ship any DOA back to me at their personal cost. (if the buyer so chooses)
Yes, video chat would suffice. Again, wrong syntax on my end. As for "What if they shipped it regular mail, uninsulated, and it took a week to get to you"? Not certain what you mean. Again, I was referring to the buyer wishing to return to me after confirmation of DOA within the specified time frame. I hope that clarifies things.

Thanks again!
I think it might all be lost in translation here :)
It might be counterproductive to have in the same sentence the verb require from the seller while thinking this is up to the buyer:
Please do not think we are here busting your chops, we are actually providing constructive feedbacks to increase your chance to sell on this forum as our main concern is for the T to find a new home.
Fingers crossed and have a great day.

louroque

I think it might all be lost in translation here :)
It might be counterproductive to have in the same sentence the verb require from the seller while thinking this is up to the buyer:
Please do not think we are here busting your chops, we are actually providing constructive feedbacks to increase your chance to sell on this forum as our main concern is for the T to find a new home.
Fingers crossed and have a great day.
Thank you. Agreed, but I am unable to edit the original post at this time. So, for clarification purposes: If the buyer wishes to send back the specimen for any reason, they will incur the cost to do so. Again, there's no edit feature on the original post, so I am hoping this is clarified at this point. Thank you!