• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wound on abdomen - s. santa catalina

x_raphael_xx

I've just noticed a wound on Catalina's abdomen.
I can't tell if it's old or recent, it's the first time shes really been out since I got her, she's very skittish and sprints to her hide. It's not oozing or anything as far as I can see, so I assume its an old wound but just want a little reasurrance really.

I've taken everything out her enclosure just in case, and will find her a nice smooth hide.
Is there anything I can/need to do or will she be okay?

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

MBullock

3 Year Member
Theraphosinae often kick all their hairs off before a molt, too, generally because it's bothering them too much. imagine being in premolt, it looks so unpleasant. having a new skeleton growing underneath your old one must be so stressful, it's easy to see why they often die in the process of molting, the stress alone can just deliver a deathblow at that point.

x_raphael_xx

Theraphosinae often kick all their hairs off before a molt, too, generally because it's bothering them too much. imagine being in premolt, it looks so unpleasant. having a new skeleton growing underneath your old one must be so stressful, it's easy to see why they often die in the process of molting, the stress alone can just deliver a deathblow at that point.
Ah! I knew they can sometimes look a little ropey before a molt, that's obviously because they've been kicking them off :D

Latest posts