• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worst T venom?

Sage Exotics

3 Year Member
If you had to get bitten by every single T except one, which one would you choose to not get bitten by?

If you had to get the urticating hairs of every FW except one in your face, which one would you choose to not to?

Sage Exotics

3 Year Member
Hm. I always heard T. Blondi or T. Stirmi were pretty bad, they next on the list of urticating hairs?
P. Ornata is a pokie, right?

Last edited:

Sage Exotics

3 Year Member
Strange how everyone has a different opinion, I wasn’t expecting to see a NW on here for bite. I guess it would depend on where the T. Blondi or Stirmi bites you, wouldn’t it? I don’t think I’d fancy a P. Murinus either, but from what I’ve read a bite from a pokie is supposed to be worse though nobody’s certain.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
IMG-20180310-WA0006.jpg
I wouldn't want to be bitten by her...shes a 10.5" T. Stirmi. Her last molt the fangs were over 1".
She never strikes once either...she doesn't retreat. She stands her ground and stridulates.
20171125_210500.jpg
photo of a young male with a bad attitude.

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I cant believe nobody has mentioned the top two who are supposed to be the worst when it comes to venom??
Stromatopelma calceatum and Heteroscodra maculata
Has there ever been a actual venom report ever done? I've only ever heard of 3-4 different species bouncing back and fourth for the top spot...but that's all speculation also.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Shampain can first hand tell you what a OBT bite feels like.;)
rofl, indeed :p
I don't want to get bitten by any of them,
(have some health issues still so infection is always to be avoided)
but the idea of a Poecilotheria bite, especially a P ornata, is definitely high on my list of things to avoid !

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I always thought I was immune to urticating hairs, until I met a T stirmi..they are hands down the worst, for me. Fiberglass doesn't hold a candle to stirmi hair. But I think reactions to hairs and venom cant be generalized, people have different reactions, and different severity levels of typical reactions.

Latest posts