• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Winter came this year....with a Vengeance!

NYX

3 Year Member
I am in New York and this has been an extremely brutal winter. Tons of snow and very very cold. Snowing yet again this morning. Anyone else freezing there butts of this year? Behind the house, for refrence the tree swing is up to my hip lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am in New York and this has been an extremely brutal winter. Tons of snow and very very cold. Snowing yet again this morning. Anyone else freezing there butts of this year? Behind the house, for refrence the tree swing is up to my hip lol.

I'm in old York, UK, and we have only had a few flurries of snow that hasn't laid for more than a couple of hours. We used to get snow like you've had recently but not for many, many years.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm in West (central-ish) Scotland and as opposed to what movies show, we hardly get any snow here :(. I don't want as much as you lot across the big pond get, you can keep that, lol, but a few more snowy days would have been nice for the kids (and me). We had about 2 full days with snow, that's about it. We get mainly rain all year through.
I was reading a book the other day about a group of Americans escaping to Scotland during a Zombie Apocalypse (my type of escapism books), which had me laugh: Not only did the author get the geography and lifestyle (housing) completely wrong, but they were supposed to be roaming around the Glasgow area and they were completely snowed in in multiple feet of snow, lol.

NYX

3 Year Member
Noahdamngood and Hungryghost only 14 days till spring! I usually love the winter but this has been no bueno! Mostly because work was either canceled or I couldn't get in! We currently have a salt shortage too the roads are hell!!! At this point I can't wait till it is garden time to plant the veggies!

Fuzzball thats so cool you live is Scotland! I always wanted to visit the UK especially Ireland and Scotland.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm in cumbria (Lake District) England
And winter has been rather mild this year and only about 12 nights that have dropped below zero..

Sym

Latest posts