• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why I joined the Tarantula Hobby

ArdorAphonopelma

3 Year Member
I impulsed bought nurmi so I unintentionally joined, my goal species is either H.Maculata or P.Regalis. I've been taking care of inverts(insects specifically) for 7 years, I had hardcore arachnophobia, Just seeing a silhouette would send me crying, I eventually got over their existence but their large eyes still bothered me, wolf spiders were my enemy BUT THEN I SEEN JUMPING SPIDERS AND MY ARACHNOPHOBIA WAS CURED IN 0.1 SECONDS. Eventually I started not killing my house spiders(except that one time I killed a strange spider that was big as a spoon) my parents didn't want me keeping them so they bought me a robotic tarantula and first of all it did not last, it drained the batteries so quickly, fast forward and obviously no one tells me what to do so I kept two house spiders in a box, which escalated to my room, fast forward to last year I finally decided that I was going to get a spider to keep as a pet however I didn't want a tarantula so I looked for a K.Hibernalis and we will not speak about that poor service and a waste of my money✌ so I just decided that I'm not ordering inverts online, going onto February of 2018, I went to the white plains expo with the intention of getting my snakes some stuff or a scorpion, I had $180 with me and I was not leaving empty handed so I looked at a centipede and said no because they're escape artists and I do not have the patience for that so I bought Nurmi.
Counting all the roaches,hornworms,moth,house spiders and cellar spiders, I probably have 900+ inverts, only really own 20% of them.

but yeah, maculata and regalis are my goal species.