• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

x_raphael_xx

I’m visiting my mum next week, their local pet shop had a female p.regalis and a female boehmei for sale, so they got snapped up on my behalf.
My step-dad rang me in a panic last night … “your spider is on its back!” :D

DB2B6EAF-6618-4727-AA43-39D0F23A76AC.jpeg

x_raphael_xx

Woke up to my new p.regalis in her hammock.
Been sold as a female so interested in getting my hands on the molt. I think I caught a glance of emboli this morning but I was running off to an invert show so couldn’t look too closely.
Welp. My quick glance was correct.
I've had him 3 days and hes matured lol. Seller has refunded me so all good there.
I wanted a female for when my young male matured lol

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
20220807_145538.jpg

Second T in as many days. It has been a while for them. Here is my G. rosea ( apparantly as of fairly recently G. porteri is being considered junior synonymous to G. rosea, which I take to mean that in the wild they are considered the same) captive ones, who knows...

"At present a formal diagnosis for G. porteri is not available in the literature, but no differences are found when comparing the type of G. porteri with G rosea neotype, so we consider G. porteri a junior synonym of G. rosea."
Cut and pasted from a section of

REVISED TAXONOMIC PLACEMENT AND DISTRIBUTION UPDATE OF GRAMMOSTOLA SIMON, 1892, PHRIXOTRICHUS SIMON, 1889 AND THRIXOPELMA SCHMIDT, 1994 SPECIES, A CHAOTIC HISTORY OF CHILEAN TARANTULAS (ARANEAE, THERAPHOSIDAE)

Milenko A. Aguilera1 , Rubén Montenegro 2 & María E. Casanueva3

Latest posts