• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

x_raphael_xx

Came home from work to find a couple mid molt.

Jack Black the Davus pentalore
Alannah Myles the pamphobeteus sp. manganegra
7427955E-6D1B-48F7-9ABB-EE4D9764A0A0.jpeg

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
How did you get big picture. Nice.
I'm using an iPhone 13. The main camera is very, very nice, but if you move too close to whatever you're trying to take a picture of, it switches to a different lens that I think is supposed to be better for close up shots, but the color drops out and it looks kind of muted and blah. Technical terms, of course. I tend to get the phone as close as I'm able to to see where the phone switches from the main lens to the close lens, and then back it up until the point where it switches back to the main lens. I take three or four pictures and try to keep a good light source. Then I'll edit the picture in the photo app to crop out all the excess stuff that I don't need, which sort of zooms in a bit. The camera is really nice and keeps a lot of detail when cropping. I'm sure there are more technical terms and details for the focal length and ISO and whatever. I just take a ton of pictures and try to pick the one that I think looks nicest after messing around with it.

Nurse Ratchet

Hi friends. It's been a busy May!
P irmina molted- gender unknown
A chalcodes molted- gender unknown
T vegans molted - gender still unknown
A avic #2 molted- confirmed female
T albo molted - still a female
LP molted - gender unknown
B hamorri molted - confirmed female
(I can't sex shredded or tiny molts ... and some are just buried in the enclosures still)

x_raphael_xx

I think it looks like a female :) one tip I saw this week was to shine a light behind the molt, like a light box or something.
The spermathecae become a lot more obvious :)

Latest posts