• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought I'd start a new thread for people to share stories and pictures of their Tarantulas that have recently molted. I woke up to two this morning...
20180308_094536.jpg

My 3" suspect male Poecilotheria regalis "Indian ornamental " with his new suit. His name is "Alice":cool:
20180308_070400.jpg
My teeny tiny Iridopelma hirsutum "Amazon ribbed" sling...3rd instar I believe. He was the runt of the group...glad he finally molted. His name is "Thing 5":D

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
View attachment 28733 And another Iridopelma hirsutum this morning.... @sdsnybny it must be contagious. :D:D:D
Yes it is I have a bunch still and they are starting to molt to 3i. When they hit 5i you get a speed increase and that's when I put them into an upside down Amac style enclosure. They web the very top just like an avic and always seem to run up and out....first the 2x2x4 then the 4x4x7 3/4.
2016-10-11 12.20.11-1.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes it is I have a bunch still and they are starting to molt to 3i. When they hit 5i you get a speed increase and that's when I put them into an upside down Amac style enclosure. They web the very top just like an avic and always seem to run up and out....first the 2x2x4 then the 4x4x7 3/4.
View attachment 28734
Nice...Ive got a few of those box's that I'm not using. Thanks for the tip.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Heterothele gabonensis, Fang, moulted today but no chance of a photo, I've not seen more than a brief glimpse of it in the year I've had it.

Well, I almost got to see Fang
DSCF4671 (3).JPG

And a pick of Pech, the Theraphosinae sp. Roatan, that moulted on Friday
DSCF4666.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts