• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who rides?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I grew up on dirt bikes and three wheelers. Haven't owned a bike in over 20 years.
Four or five months ago, after watching videos, browsing my local bike dealership, researching my final choices, and saving my money and planning my mods for my choice of bike, I bought a Suzuki DR650 Dual Sport. I've been having a blast on it. For those of you who might not know, dual sports are 50/50 street/dirt bikes. I've got a pile of things (Parabellum windshield, new high bend protaper bars, acerbis handguards, pillowtop grips, footpeg lowering mounts and new wider, longer pegs) that I'll be installing tomorrow or Saturday. And that's just the beginning :D This model has a huge cult following, and thousands of aftermarket mods to pimp it up. So anyway, does anyone else ride? Street or dirt? (including scooter riders, which I know is popular in Europe.) I'm loving it, it's great to be back on two wheels. :D This Suzuki is a four stroke, so it doesn't have the powerband a two stroke, pure dirt bike does, but it's got plenty of ass. And they're supposed to be bulletproof, super reliable bikes. I feel all giddy like a lovestruck schoolgirl!

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Congrats on the sweet bike!

I’m actually working on selling my Kawasaki Vulcan street bike. I don’t want to give it up but I’ve ridden it about a half dozen times since my first kid was born. I’m sure I’ll get another one at some point but there is no point in just letting it sit unused.

How about some pictures?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice, my neighbor used to have a Vulcan. My friends hear that I got a bike and assume it's a Harley for some reason... Most of the women in my life disapprove of me riding. The **** people say, man.."You're going to kill yourself!" I've been told several times I'm "having a mid life crisis " lmao. If that's what it is, I'm enjoying it. Now I just need a twenty year old girlfriend...hmmm...