• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where do you buy your spiders from?

Spiders&Snakes

Curious where everyone else gets their tarantulas from?

Do you have a preferred supplier, or business?

I've used the Spider Shop mainly and found them to be excellent (but a little pricey).

Anywhere else you guys would recommend for slings and juvies?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Breeders, sellers and other keepers.

I trade with my local club members from time to time, too.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have brought some via this forum, some from the Spider Shop, some from BugzUK, who is only a 15 minute walk from me. I have also brought several from preowned & pets4homes.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Oh no, not even more options :p Had never seen SpiderPlanet before thanks. I especially like that they label whether they are captive bred or not, as the spider shop does.

Assuming we are talking about the UK here, I echo the above re 'the spider shop' and 'so many legs' - quite a few of mine have come from these and were always well-packaged/healthy.

I got my sub adult avic from https://www.biteythings.co.uk/tarantulas, who I would shop with again they just haven't had the ones I want in stock recently.

I got three from https://theprayingmantis.co.uk/product-category/tarantulas/ - again, healthy, well-packaged, good communication. He doesn't have many in-stock at the moment but if he gets more for sale/you're into praying mantis' too, it would be worth checking out.

For people in the EU I can also recommend spiderworld.eu. Sadly I have just messaged them and found out they no longer ship to the UK unless it's a massive order, due to all the Brexit paperwork :( I got around 7 from there last year. Well packed, good communication and some of them seem quite cheap, around £2 for a lot of the slings, and I got a few larger juveniles for a good price. The post and packaging was £20 to the UK but for the massive range of choice and the cheaper individual prices it was worth it for me.