• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When should I remove the molt?

KhoanScart

So my girl Bianca finally molted. It's been over 24 hours since I noticed her in the molting process and I think she's finished but I'm going to leave her alone for another 12 hours. After that should it be safe for me to try and remove the molt? She molted in her burrow and I want to make sure she still has plenty of space down there to molt again.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
If you can get to it without her borrow collapsing and without harming her that should be okay .Depending how big she is they generally take bit longer to harden up after a molt the bigger they get ,

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Last thing we need to worry about is removing exos, if the T wants them gone they will discard them.
Some Ts use them to line their burrows, crushed up into the webbing down there.

Last thing we need to worry about is removing exos, if the T wants them gone they will discard them.
Some Ts use them to line their burrows, crushed up into the webbing down there.
My A. Seemanni does this. We got her at about 4 1/2”. We witnessed one molt but after that for like 3 years we didn’t and just assumed she hadn’t. Went to go clean out her enclosure and give her new substrate and found pieces of two molts lined along her burrow. It was pretty cool.

So honestly I pull the molt as soon as I can safely get to it without harming my T. I’m still trying to sex all of mine though. Whoever I’ve already sexed I just pull it out whenever they throw it away when I do feedings.

Latest posts