• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When does enough mean enough

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
Even though I have been keeping t's for over 10 years, I am relatively new to breeding. With that being said, this week I successfully paired P. irminia and P. Rufiliata. I have heard other breeders talk about pairing over and over again. I have tried pairing both females again but they are completely unresponsive. So here's my question... Do certain genus/species pair repeatedly, or in general, do most females lose interest after a successful pairing?

AndrewClayton

P
Even though I have been keeping t's for over 10 years, I am relatively new to breeding. With that being said, this week I successfully paired P. irminia and P. Rufiliata. I have heard other breeders talk about pairing over and over again. I have tried pairing both females again but they are completely unresponsive. So here's my question... Do certain genus/species pair repeatedly, or in general, do most females lose interest after a successful pairing?
with pokies you usually leave the Male In the enclosure a few days there quite tolerant of each other

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There are some species that only one insertion will be sufficient for pairing (for instance Harpactira dictator). There are some, such as H. chilensis that require multiple pairings. Though for many it require certain conditions. My female H. chilensis wanted nothing to do with the males I attempted pairing her with. She would run from them.

Latest posts