• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When and what do you feed your T's?

Gavin van den Berg

3 Year Member
I thought of starting this thread and hopefully to get some input from all members on this.

The idea is to list all life stages of our T's and then also the schedule they are fed on in each life stage and also what feeders (also how many feeders) are used.

In this way we can see what everyone's approach is to feeding their T's. I'll list what I have so long, but you are all welcome to add to or alter what I've listed below:

Sling (1-4cm DLS):
- Fed once a week
- 1 3/4 body size cricket. (pinhead to small)

Juvenile (4-8cm DLS)
- Fed once a week
- 2 1/2 body size cricket. (small to medium)

Sub-adult (8-10cm DLS)
- Fed once a week
- 2 1/4 body size cricket. (medium to large)

Adult (10-22cm [in some cases] DLS)
- Fed once every two weeks
- 3-5 crickets. (large)

Please correct me if I'm wrong with any of the life stages. Also note that I do not have Adult T's as yet.

I'm sure this could be used as a reference of sorts for all members new to T's, like myself. :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I offer food (dubia) once every week for anything 3" or under, once every other week for 3.5" +

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
I feed mine between once a week and once every 3 weeks, depending on how much spare time I get.
Feed them a few roaches at a time proportionate to their size.