• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's your dream tarantula?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'll have to say it has to be Sahydroaraneus raja. I fell for the adult colour plus the fact it is a dwarf T but back then they were horrendously expensive so it headed my want list for a few years. Gradually the prices came down and last December I finally got one.:D

Miss310

3 Year Member
I'll have to say it has to be Sahydroaraneus raja. I fell for the adult colour plus the fact it is a dwarf T but back then they were horrendously expensive so it headed my want list for a few years. Gradually the prices came down and last December I finally got one.:D

The adult coloring on the Sahydroaraneus raja is stunning!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've pretty much got what I want, finally was able to find L Klugi after literally a search over a year that wasn't insane.

Still, A Geniculata would be awesome.

Some of the hybrids sound interesting, but the ethical issues make me question whether it would really be the right thing to do, unless the T was going to be euthanized because it was a hybrid.

Miss310

3 Year Member
I've pretty much got what I want, finally was able to find L Klugi after literally a search over a year that wasn't insane.

Some of the hybrids sound interesting, but the ethical issues make me question whether it would really be the right thing to do, unless the T was going to be euthanized because it was a hybrid.

Interesting. I didn't know there were hybrids. I'll have to look into that.

Venom2090

3 Year Member
Interesting. I didn't know there were hybrids. I'll have to look into that.
There's a few whole genera whose purity hybrids have basically destroyed. Hysterocrates comes to mind. There's a few Brachypelma species as well that are a utter mess. vagans and boehmei in particular.

Hybrids are a cancer in the hobby.

Furthermore, they don't take the best traits of the parents and make a wonder spider like people think.

You can't breed P rufilata and metallica and get a 9" Poecilotheria metallica.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I could never pick just one T or invert for that matter. They have such diverse colors, environmental requirements and behavior that each species brings new experiences for me. So, for better or worse, I have a hundred dream pets. ;)

Lee'scrazybeasts

3 Year Member

I love my A. Geniculta. She hates me. It's the perfect relationship.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Any Sp. in the Euathlus genus (I already have 3 Sp. red and 5 Sp. yellow

rare Grammostolas

rare Brachypelmas

Aphonopelma moderatum

P. lugardi

P. chordatus

T. cyaneolum

rare Acanthoscurrias

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's a few whole genera whose purity hybrids have basically destroyed. Hysterocrates comes to mind. There's a few Brachypelma species as well that are a utter mess. vagans and boehmei in particular.

Hybrids are a cancer in the hobby.

Furthermore, they don't take the best traits of the parents and make a wonder spider like people think.

You can't breed P rufilata and metallica and get a 9" Poecilotheria metallica.

I'm not defending it. I've heard that a few people kill off hybrid slings. I'd be willing to rescue a few. That seems unlikely.

Mainly I want the one I have to develop. Both are doing well. The L Klugi is already acting hungry, will feed tomorrow!!

Latest posts