• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What type of T is this?

remmadee

Ordered online, was supposed to be an OBT. It looks very similar to my Venezuelan Suntiger, but even that has more orange coloration on it than this does. Do OBTs ever have orange bands on their legs? I'm unfamiliar. I've been trying to search online, but can't seem to find good photos to compare with. Any thoughts on what it could be? First I'll include the T in question and then I'll add a photo of my suntiger just to compare.
20210506_154226.jpg

Attachments

• 20210506_172243.jpg
    20210506_172243.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

remmadee

Psalmopeus irminia
Thank you. That's what I was suspecting at least... a bit different coloration compared to my other one, but otherwise like the spitting image of it. I guess on the upside I have two of those now and actually saved some money in the process because I'm pretty sure the sun tigers usually cost a little more than OBT's do?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few things
Thank you. That's what I was suspecting at least... a bit different coloration compared to my other one, but otherwise like the spitting image of it. I guess on the upside I have two of those now and actually saved some money in the process because I'm pretty sure the sun tigers usually cost a little more than OBT's do?
A few things to keep in mind :)
Yes it is a better deal than an OBT, it is also slightly less defensive. This is an arboreal T so you will need an appropriate enclosure as well.
Last but not least, do NOT try to handle it ;)
95A95828-7157-4D24-9B67-EC0591753470.jpeg