• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What type of Goliath birdeater is this? Shes in premolt

Jdcuppycake2020

I know shes a Goliath but Im wondering what type? Im fairly new to the arachno world

Attachments

• 20201130_175149.jpg
    20201130_175149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 20201130_175036.jpg
    20201130_175036.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 25
  • 20201130_175054.jpg
    20201130_175054.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Okay, ty so much!! She belongs to my bf. He swears she is a GBE aka blondi (as claimed by petshop) but I disagree
He can swear it’s a Blondi all he likes but he’ll be wrong :)

Who else wants to see the set up for this specimen?
I do agree actually. P Cambridgei and T Blondi have very different care and setup requirements. If he swears it’s a Blondi then I can only assume it’s in a moist terrestrial setup which is not good for a Cambridgei:)

Frogdaddy

3 Year Member
He can swear it’s a Blondi all he likes but he’ll be wrong :)

I do agree actually. P Cambridgei and T Blondi have very different care and setup requirements. If he swears it’s a Blondi then I can only assume it’s in a moist terrestrial setup which is not good for a Cambridgei:)
Exactly what I was thinking. Enclosure is set up for a terrestrial T. blondi, not an arboreal P. cambridgei.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Beautiful tarantula :) I am not experienced enough to answer the questions but I did think it was one cambridgei looking Goliath! :p

Thank you very much for sorting her out @Jdcuppycake2020! Sounds like you are on the right track, Your bf really didn't do his research :/

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You’ll want an enclosure with more height than floor space. A piece of cork to hide behind or a cork tube to hide in.
when it comes to tarantulas “humidity” isn’t important. Some species are more moisture dependant (like the Blondi) but with a Cambridgei a water dish is more than enough. You can add foliage if you please :)

she may not burrow at that size but make web curtains instead.

Latest posts