• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What type of enclosure should i set-up for my OBT?

3 Year Member
What type of enclosure should i set-up for my OBT? Is the obt an arboreal or terrestrial species?
image.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are supposed to be terrestrial but can be semi arboreal. I have mine in a 12"x12"x18" ExoTerra and when she's out she does use the full height.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I dont own one yet because @Enn49 is selfish and wont give me hers, (j/k naturally) But hers is an absolute stunner.
I'm curious as to if you have this T or have ordered it and awaiting it, ??

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 has described the ideal size. The only thing I would add is make sure the lid is secure!!!!!! Lol ☺. @Kymura, your time will come hun, and then you can show him/her off. ☺
Keep saying I'm going to get one, I want one a bit larger, juvie size at least,
and I am still torn on colorform.
I'm waiting on a good deal on one. ^*^
Have an idea for a ten gallon set up for one, sort of semi arboreal /obligate burrower set up I've been thinking about.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Have an idea for a ten gallon set up for one, sort of semi arboreal /obligate burrower set up I've been thinking about.
Sounds like a plan, make the tank look good in its own right as you will probably not see the T much....lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Most of them seem to be Usambara these days, they're much brighter. Getting a juvi is a good idea as it can be put straight into its permanent enclosure saving the hassles of rehousing. Mine has never burrowed as such, she has built her own cave of web and substrate and webbed up the corner of her viv as an entrance tunnel.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds like a plan, make the tank look good in its own right as you will probably not see the T much....lol
Exactly, but when I do it will be well worth the wait!!
Most of them seem to be Usambara these days, they're much brighter. Getting a juvi is a good idea as it can be put straight into its permanent enclosure saving the hassles of rehousing. Mine has never burrowed as such, she has built her own cave of web and substrate and webbed up the corner of her viv as an entrance tunnel.
I was thinking along those lines, happy spiders = happy keepers