• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to do when you have a T bite?

GermanGamer7

I wouldn't go to the hospital for any of them, personally. There's no point really, unless it's one of the rougher old world species and you want some muscle relaxers. If it ever happens to me, I plan on just taking a fever/pain reducer like aspirin or ibuprofen and documenting it. It may hurt like a bastard, but it's not gonna kill me. For someone really young, or rather old, or with medical problems, it's a different story.
What counts as "really young"?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What counts as "really young"?
I'd be concerned about babies or toddlers getting bitten by an old world t. Just because they're small. An adult with severe pain, mild breathing difficulty, severe cramps, etc is one thing. An infant or child is another thing altogether. They have less body mass, a weaker immune system, are more prone to infection..all of that would worry me. Good thing I don't have kids ;)