• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is Michelle doing?

dhclark92

3 Year Member
La
1121121724-00.jpg
1121121724-01.jpg
tely she has been digging up her coconut fiber I laid down. First she was doing it in the open area in the cage and I wasnt able to get pics. Now I got some shots and this time she is like digging a burrow or something in the entrance of her log cave. Is this a burrow of some sort? Or preparation for a molt? I honestly think it is not for a molt because right now she is walking around and active . I love her.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
either trying to build a burrow, or closing herself in. It's probably not dark enough for her. the darker, and smaller their den is, the more comfortable they are.

dhclark92

3 Year Member
I've heard that. But are'nt every rosehair different? Michelle seems to deffinetly like the light. She sits out in it, and sometimes climbs to the top corner of the cage and just basks in the light...

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've heard that. But are'nt every rosehair different? Michelle seems to deffinetly like the light. She sits out in it, and sometimes climbs to the top corner of the cage and just basks in the light...

I assure you, she does not like the light. No tarantula likes light. She may tolerate it, but if you put her in a more shady place, and provide her a 3 sided hide, she'll be much happier and you'll see her more often.

dhclark92

3 Year Member
What do you mean see her more often? Shes out and about quite a bit. Sometimes Ill come in the room and shell be out sitting in the open and once she sees me she'll wander around a bit and then crawl to the top of the cage and let me take her out, she likes to get free time here and there and other times remains motionless coming across content looking in the cage.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What do you mean see her more often? Shes out and about quite a bit. Sometimes Ill come in the room and shell be out sitting in the open and once she sees me she'll wander around a bit and then crawl to the top of the cage and let me take her out, she likes to get free time here and there and other times remains motionless coming across content looking in the cage.

what I mean is that she seems to be barricading herself. If you make a few adjustments she won't barricade, or try to burrow as much.
Tarantulas aren't like mammals, they don't respond to human interaction. they tolerate it. she's not coming to the top of the cage because she wants out. Tarantulas don't work that way. They're hiders. If she's climbing a lot, she's simply not yet settled in yet. That's why I say give her a dark 3 sided hide, like a half flower pot. that way she can get more comfortable. A rose hair that climbs a lot is not a good thing. It can be very dangerous.

dhclark92

3 Year Member
what I mean is that she seems to be barricading herself. If you make a few adjustments she won't barricade, or try to burrow as much.
Tarantulas aren't like mammals, they don't respond to human interaction. they tolerate it. she's not coming to the top of the cage because she wants out. Tarantulas don't work that way. They're hiders. If she's climbing a lot, she's simply not yet settled in yet. That's why I say give her a dark 3 sided hide, like a half flower pot. that way she can get more comfortable. A rose hair that climbs a lot is not a good thing. It can be very dangerous.
I see :/ well I have found this very helpful. Sorta dissapointed that she may not have settled yet :// Right now shes just sitting in the opening of the cage in the light. Oh yeah another thing. Last week when she was feeding she layed down a web mat, then spit th eunfinished food in it, over a period of like three feedings. Then i come in a later day and the web mat was all picked up and moved in the opening of her log cave... i assume she just didnt want the spit out food in the cage so she laid the mat down intentionally so she could wrap it up later and move the waste??

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantulas are actually very clean animals. They don't like mess. she was just taking out the trash.

Latest posts