• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is her problem?

catnip

Theraphosa blondi (N3) molted yesterday

I find two spot lack off skin
It first appear just after molt , no any problem before molt
lesions are not swollened
can it be cyst ?
and how do care it?

Attachments

• FC378843-8AE9-44E1-8D1A-036EB0D02BFF.jpeg
    FC378843-8AE9-44E1-8D1A-036EB0D02BFF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30

Nunua

3 Year Member
It could be that the molt got a bit stuck and ripped off a part of the outer layer of the new exoskeleton, or the new exoskeleton didn't form properly from the beginning.

There is nothing you can do but keep an eye on it. It doesn't seem to bleed, so probably only the layer with urticating hairs is damaged and the inner layer hardened up properly - Tho, I guess it'll help if you be sure that she doesn't get too fat. She'll probably molt again sooner than you expect to repair the damage.

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It could be that the molt got a bit stuck and ripped off a part of the outer layer of the new exoskeleton, or the new exoskeleton didn't form properly from the beginning.

There is nothing you can do but keep an eye on it. It doesn't seem to bleed, so probably only the layer with urticating hairs is damaged and the inner layer hardened up properly - Tho, I guess it'll help if you be sure that she doesn't get too fat. She'll probably molt again sooner than you expect to repair the damage.
I was thinking the same thing...nothing life threatening. It will molt out of this next time.

catnip

Thx so much
really helpful :D

Luna

3 Year Member
^bump^

I believe all forms of life can, but some have hardier regulations on DNA replication and their genome is hardier in terms of allowing mutations.

If they couldn't get cancerous cells, then they theoretically couldn't mutate/evolve; so, I imagine they can.

Anyone with a degree in spider things? I'm chipping in from my human medicine courses and basic biology so not sure how relevant!

catnip

This tickles my curiosity though. Can tarantula suffer from cancerous cells?
In textbook (Invertebrate Medicine), There are no cases of neoplaisa in spider.
I think tarantulas can get cancerous cells
For diagnosis cancer, need biopsy for histopathological studies
It's very hard to perform at tarantula.
Some of cyst or pusutule could be misunderstood

Tnoob

In textbook (Invertebrate Medicine), There are no cases of neoplaisa in spider.
I think tarantulas can get cancerous cells
For diagnosis cancer, need biopsy for histopathological studies
It's very hard to perform at tarantula.
Some of cyst or pusutule could be misunderstood
This is still relevant information, but, I do have concerns about a seamlessly absent understanding of the environment we create.

Latest posts