• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What I got from Creatures from the north! Two amazing jewels!

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Hi all, I had a Typhochlaena seladonia, very small sling and sadly I lost it, I really wanted one last try at this amazing species so bought one from CFTN, she’s about 2cm which is a nice size and she’s doing well, CFTN were brilliant and informative as was @Phil thank you Phil for your advice!
the Typhochlaena is stunning, and active and so beautiful.
So please don’t laugh but in the package was a freebie, Great I thought, my last freebie from another vendor was an albopilosum and that’s doing nicely. I casually said thanks very much for the freebie.
Couldn’t read the name on the vile and if I could i had never heard of it anyway!
so emailed the seller and Phil, both emails came back with ‘thats the rarest and most expensive tarantula in the world’ Selenocosmia sp biru!!! Or Birupes simoroxigorum as its now called I believe? ( incidentally biru is Malay for blue and the sp name is from the discoverers three children, Simon, Roxy and igor, I believe)
So wow, what a great day! what a surprise!
Here’s Aurora and also Sapphire the Biru, who is small, 8mm? butmade a good tunnel and webbed the entire floor of its enclosure. It’s a busy little thing, always peeking its toes out of its tunnel.
67C342BD-9CCF-447F-8FC9-2809651EC344.jpeg
0C52B668-CDE1-4309-A72A-DF87922A2C6C.jpeg
B50EE599-2BD0-40F0-A879-9C12D29F23C2.jpeg

Latest posts