• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What happen when a T gets too cold?

khatchet

3 Year Member
Im my view you should try to keep it at 65 at the lowest for a day and night temp. I would say 50 to 45 is way to low. If you could some how keep it at 70 tho that would be best,

khatchet

3 Year Member
Also keep in mind tho that tarantula are more affected by it being to hot then to cold.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just as a general guide, 50 is pushing the lower limits of their survivability range; assuming you have a desert/grassland species. If you have a tropical species then 60 is pushing the lower bounds of the limits.

marya1962

3 Year Member
I too have a problem with it being cold in my house. It gets about 52-55 degrees lowest and stays about 60 to 65 during the winter days. I got a Rept-therm under tank heater and put it on the back of the tank. She spends a lot of time pressed up against the heater. (Is this okay? I took the ceramic heat lamp out because someone said it could cook her. Otherwise) right now she seems fine in that she stays in her den and chases crickets at night.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Can you move the cage to a warmer room? Or plug in a heater? I've never heard that a T could die at the temps you mention (they survive in the wild in much colder conditions) but I would still try to raise them if you can.