• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do you think the most underrated T species is?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wouldn't say stirmi is underrated as it's concidered a "must have" for a collection.

I would say maybe Grammostola Pulchripes or Iheringi / Actaeon

I think a lot of the "beginner species" are underrated as people like to think they're a gateway to the "better old world Ts" :eek:

spodermin

I wouldn't say stirmi is underrated as it's concidered a "must have" for a collection.

I would say maybe Grammostola Pulchripes or Iheringi / Actaeon

I think a lot of the "beginner species" are underrated as people like to think they're a gateway to the "better old world Ts" :eek:

Stirmi is considered a "must have" by many people who have one but not many people actually go out and get one unless they are very serious collectors. Also the husbandry is made out to be some everest task when really if you keep them on moist substrate with springtails theyre the same as every other spider. The definition of under rated.

I also think grammostola anything is the most over rated genus of all time myself

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think an awful lot of Brachypelmas and Grammastolas are over looked but are amongst some of the most beautiful out there looks wise you cant beat a B.Hamorii and a G.pulchra for being damn right gorgeous:) although B.Hamorii's are one of the most recognizable in the hobby they are often overlooked as seen as beginner's Ts and commonly available -every T keeper should have one!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Brachypelma Sabulosum I feel is the most underrated. They are the fastest growing Brachypelma redrump but everyone chooses the slow growing vagans over them. I've always been puzzled why they aren't more popular...I cant even give them away. Sling, juvenile, sub adult, mature female.
20180427_125940.jpg
20190602_150150.jpg
161211_022756_21~3.jpeg
20180310_090434.jpg

nedaK

Brachypelma Sabulosum I feel is the most underrated. They are the fastest growing Brachypelma redrump but everyone chooses the slow growing vagans over them. I've always been puzzled why they aren't more popular...I cant even give them away. Sling, juvenile, sub adult, mature female.View attachment 39057 View attachment 39058 View attachment 39055View attachment 39056
I’m looking into them, I may get a sling but I really want an albiceps. The sabulosum is way cheaper though...
I’ve always heard vagans are fast growing for brachys though.

nedaK

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I’m looking into them, I may get a sling but I really want an albiceps. The sabulosum is way cheaper though...
I’ve always heard vagans are fast growing for brachys though.
These are the same age...I pulled the sacks about one week apart. This is at one year old... Sabulosum on the left vagans on the right.
20190426_210150.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Another on my list of underrated Ts has to be the dwarf Plesiopelma longisternale (adult body length of just 1") which has taken me 4 years to find. It's an adorable little T, does nothing in a hurry except eating and is always visible.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
C. Cyaneopubescens, C. Versicolor, P. Cancerides

B. Albo is a terrific spider but idk if it's under rated. Most people seem to agree they're a top tier spider in their class
You'd be amazed

If I had a dollar for every time I read posts stating B. albopilosum were boring, I would have a lot of dollars.

Latest posts