• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do YOU do...?(dead spider)

Turtlynne

3 Year Member
Hi! All... just wondering what people do with Ts that die. I found my 2+ yr old male E.campestratus dead last evening...it was not a surprise...I think he just wore his poor self out looking for a lady friend. He had stopped eating despite a seriously shrinking abdomen so I suspected his time was near.
But this is the first larger spider that I have had that has died - he is spread out on the table right now - hopefully to dry but not in the death curl...so I am curious what do other hobbiest do with their Ts that die.

Tnoob

When my H pulchripes died I cried like a *****, and complained about my horrible child rearing abilities.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I Give them a kings farwell...
20181011_184342.jpg
or if they are suffering Hannibal or Bertha help them out.
20181221_140200_1.gif
IMG-20180310-WA0006~2.jpg

It's always good to have stirmis around to aid the suffering.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I Give them a kings farwell...View attachment 37588or if they are suffering Hannibal or Bertha help them out.View attachment 37590 View attachment 37591
It's always good to have stirmis around to aid the suffering.
You really feed dying Ts to the biggies? Just a little curious at what point would you consider them to be too fare gone to go through with that? I've had Ts pull through so i would feel bad but it's honestly not a bad idea, i would just be concerned of any illness being passed over.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You really feed dying Ts to the biggies? Just a little curious at what point would you consider them to be too fare gone to go through with that? I've had Ts pull through so i would feel bad but it's honestly not a bad idea, i would just be concerned of any illness being passed over.
Usually only mature males trying to molt again after their ultimate molt. Dont like watching them suffer stuck in their old exoskeleton. It's so much better then freezing them. I've never feed a sick spider to them... I dont think that would be a good idea.