• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are good temp for my T (day and night)

Joemaster

E1612982-CD3E-4AAD-9DD8-B397B01C60D3.jpeg

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Temps with tarantulas arnt all that specific, for the majority of them room temp is fine. "If you're comfy, they're comfy". What kind of substrate is that? If its wood chips I would recommend replacing it with coco fiber or a pesticide/fertilizer free topsoil. Also recommend filling the enclosure up more with substrate, to help limit fall danger for a terrestrial t. Enjoy! They are amazing creatures

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Love the skull :D and your T is very beautiful.

The coco fiber recommended above would also give your T the option to burrow a bit if he/she wants.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Ok how much coco fiber would I need

I did notice since that the picture you posted on another thread shows the substrate looking quite deep, sorry I hadn't realised. So the depth you already have looks good for burrowing. However what Aracnoenthusiast said about filling it up higher to help prevent falls still applies. My tarantula keeping guide says that the walls shouldn't be any higher than twice the leg-span of the tarantula, as a general rule for terrestrial species. So for mine I have filled the enclosure up with substrate until my T can't climb any higher up the wall than twice their own size, if that makes sense.

What is the substrate you are using - is there something else below the wood chips?

Joemaster

I did notice since that the picture you posted on another thread shows the substrate looking quite deep, sorry I hadn't realised. So the depth you already have looks good for burrowing. However what Aracnoenthusiast said about filling it up higher to help prevent falls still applies. My tarantula keeping guide says that the walls shouldn't be any higher than twice the leg-span of the tarantula, as a general rule for terrestrial species. So for mine I have filled the enclosure up with substrate until my T can't climb any higher up the wall than twice their own size, if that makes sense.

What is the substrate you are using - is there something else below the wood chips?
[/QUOTE
Ok so coco fiber is good, btw he is a Mexican red knee

Latest posts