• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What am I?

DeltaVictor

Tarantula was teal when it was a spider-ling. Now it is 1.5 Years old and also likes to burrow.

I lost the film canister that it came in with its scientific name on it because i moved him to a deli container. Now i moved him to a larger container and i would like to correctly adjust the temp and humidity. I remember that it recommends a humid atmosphere and that the individual said its not a Cobalt Blue and that it is less aggressive then than those. Any help would be appreciated. He was around $60.00 and it was a gift to me back in December of 2018
T1.jpg
T3.png

Attached are photos of the tarantula.

DeltaVictor

This one is really tough. You said "not Cobalt Blue" so are you sure it's an OW specie?
Have you got a top-down picture?

I can give you one later on today. When this tarantula was really small it was a bright turquoise color. When you shine a light on it it's blue.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
First I was thinking Phormictopus cancerides because they have that teal color as slings, too. I've owned quite a few....but the "price" is kinda steep for cancerides. Could be a Phormictopus sp. blue "Azul"....but really would prefer (if possible) to see a dorsal view.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm also thinking homeomma sp. "blue" but I see no orange striping on the knees. I'm not sure if they get it as they get older because I have not raised homeomma from slings. I've only had them as adults. The blue coloration and what appears to be an iridescent patch on the abdomen is making me guess homeomma. There are also reddish/orange setae on the abdomen...I am only guessing, though.

DeltaVictor

That looks like it could be it! Homeomma sp. blue. Humidity levels ranging from 56%-96%. A “humid subtropical climate” which is defined as having cold month temperatures range from 32F-64F and warm month temperatures at 72F+.

So i can probably keep the soil a bit moist with a sprayer and have the humidity around 70% and the inside temp from 65-75F.