• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

went to feed my spiders.....

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is a spider in with the crickets i just got from the pet shop. Some sort of garden spider but im scared that the crickets might be contaminated. I cant see how a spider has ended up in the cricket pot. They are obviously not so good on quality control. Should i let them go somewhere or do you think i should let the spider out ( it looks healthy) or should i take them back to the shop. Im scared of feeding them to my ts incase there is something wrong with them.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well it looks fat and sleepy so obviously had a nice meal. Just a bit worried after what happened to atx. I have no idea why or how it got in there.

Atx13

3 Year Member
I'd release the spider, and keep an eye on the crickets. Maybe wait a day or so, to see if they start dying off faster than usual... I noticed with my bad batch of crickets right after feeding my slings, the crickets had started dying off at an alarming rate..

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im thinking of doing that . Ive never seen them near me but saw on a website a shop has got them and its worth driving a bit further for decent food. Most of my ts will eat anything. What happened to you atx has really scared me it must have been devestating. Can you get different size dubais ?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im thinking of doing that . Ive never seen them near me but saw on a website a shop has got them and its worth driving a bit further for decent food. Most of my ts will eat anything. What happened to you atx has really scared me it must have been devestating. Can you get different size dubais ?

Yes!

Atx13

3 Year Member
It sucked, thats for sure.. I never had a sling die on me before.. Was seriously considering not buying anymore Ts.. And slowly working my way back out of the hobby.. But I've already invested so much time, I just chalked it up as a learning experience, and remember to not buy anything from that pet shop again.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm really glad to hear that you've decided not to leave the hobby! I can totally understand how frustrating, disappointing and sad the whole fiasco was :(

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It happened to someone i knew when i first started collecting ts he said he lost 80 out of around 150 ts all the ones that died had eaten locusts that week. Im really glad your not giving up atx these tsneed good home and hopefully you will be a grandad soon.

Latest posts