• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well it's about time...

Frogdaddy

3 Year Member
I guess after over a year and 22 posts I should finally introduce myself. Some of you may know me from the other forum.
I'm Jon. Due to the whole Covid thing I'm currently stuck in West Virginia, the armpit of the free world.
I've been into exotics since forever, but I've only been keeping T's for a little over a year now. I guess everything has really lead up to keeping tarantulas.
I was always the kid that was catching bugs and then feeding the wild spiders. I got my first aquarium at 7, started keeping reptiles at 14. I got really into Cichlids in my 20's and 30's. I've been fortunate enough to have good fortune with reptiles, I've bred several different species of lizards, over the years. About 10 years ago I got into dart frogs and I have about 21 different species/locales of dart frogs. I know people say that the only thing that prepares you for keeping tarantulas is keeping tarantulas. I disagree. My experience with keeping other exotics has helped tremendously with adapting to tarantulas.

I currently have 17 tarantulas which is good for now (not really). At least till winter is over and good shipping weather returns. I hope to post more and contribute to this forum as my experience and knowledge grows. Hopefully I can contribute some good information as well as some laughs along the way.
Great to meet you all and I look forward to hanging out with ya.

timc

3 Year Member
Hi Jon, I’m super interested in keeping fart frogs myself, except I have a puppy right now that’s all time consuming. Have a couple of red eyes currently that I adore. But when I do get around to expanding the frog collection I might hit you up for some tips. Welcome!

Frogdaddy

3 Year Member
Hi Jon, I’m super interested in keeping fart frogs myself, except I have a puppy right now that’s all time consuming. Have a couple of red eyes currently that I adore. But when I do get around to expanding the frog collection I might hit you up for some tips. Welcome!
Awesome! Just hit me up anytime.

Latest posts