• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well, I'm in a horrible position.

Luna

3 Year Member
My A. Chalcodes that I got last week and has been irritable is now molting standing up hidden in a corner. She did spin herself a molting web, but she is upright and not in any position to fully shed her exoskeleton.

I leave in an hour for a trip to watch a relatives house and care for their dogs 50 miles north, so I'm lost on this.

Seems like I'm just going to have to leave her and hope for the best while away from her. :(

Luna

3 Year Member
Here's the postion she is in, dry eco earth is what she's on.

Attachments

• 20190517_193839.jpg
    20190517_193839.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 80

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
It’s always easy to stress over this stuff. There’s nothing you can do but let things be. The outcome won’t change whether you’re watching it or 50 miles away thinking of other things. Good luck!

Luna

3 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the well wishes for her!

Tomorrow I'll be back and know for sure. I took one last glance at her on my way out the door and it seemed like she was going through with molting successfully-ish. She had started to exit her old carapace and pull her legs out a bit. Though different than anything I've read or seen, she seems to be able to do balled up in a corner.

I'll keep everyone updated when I find out and thanks for the advice on it being somewhat common:)

Luna

3 Year Member
Well looks who's doing just fine after worrying their mom all weekend!

Up and moving around even, much more than when I first recieved them!

Thanks again everyone, I'll upload a picture of the molt soon when I get a chance for sexing!

Attachments

• 20190520_170412.jpg
    20190520_170412.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well looks who's doing just fine after worrying their mom all weekend!

Up and moving around even, much more than when I first recieved them!

Thanks again everyone, I'll upload a picture of the molt soon when I get a chance for sexing!

Great news. Boy they do like to stress us :D