• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well, I think Zelda is finally gonna give a sac up!!!

~*~*Poeci Princess*~*~

3 Year Member
She's been cohabitating w/ Link my male for 3 weeks or so, and every night TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP...... Well she's nestled in a nook under her hide and it's all webbed up... A sac be a brewing??? She molted around 3mos ago maybe more, hasn't gorged herself at all.... Went for the Dubia I threw in the cage but wouldn't leave her nook.... So she's got an appetite... Opinions??.....

Btw Zelda is a MF P. regalis...

~*~*Poeci Princess*~*~

3 Year Member
Why ank you! I've been keeping Pokies about six months now maybe less... I've still got my gravid(I'm pretty sure she's gravid) G. Rosea MONSTER @ 5 1/2" legspan, and her mate, a odd ball immature male curly hair, a couple different types of vinegaroons, and a handful of unknown spiderlings that I bought from Ken for $5 a pop since they had forgotten what the heck they were LOL.... Oh and I have a P. irminia that's growing like wildfire! Was 1/2" when I got her max now she's pushing 2 1/2 inches! Then there's my oddball avic versi sling, and my oddball P. cambriedgei(sp?). So I'm mostly arboreal now, but got a handful of terrestrial going on. At one point I had 45 mix of each! Now I have a total of about 15-18...

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
P. tigrinawesseli was one of the first T's I every really fell for. Still haven't kept one, but I am working up to Pokies.

I got my first arboreals from Kenny today. P. pulcher, P. reduncus and a L. vio. Very excited to see how they do.

Atx13

3 Year Member
P. tigrinawesseli was one of the first T's I every really fell for. Still haven't kept one, but I am working up to Pokies.

I got my first arboreals from Kenny today. P. pulcher, P. reduncus and a L. vio. Very excited to see how they do.
Good luck with that singapore, Dalilah, they are nasty little beasts :p

~*~*Poeci Princess*~*~

3 Year Member

I have just FALLEN IN LOVE with Pokies... Not all arboreal T's strike my fancy... But I tend to lean more toward them than terrestrial. I have about 8 Pokies, a P. irminia sling(nearly juvie!), a A. versi sling, and a P. camb sling that's just about in the juvie boat as well! I had an immature male P. camb but he was NASTY with a capital N! Open it to feed him and he would lunge for me, not the opening, ME!
Used to have another irminia as well, but I have been slimming down the crowd... Since getting 4 chameleons in the past month, I was slightly overwhelmed with the amount of care I was giving to my pets, and not everything else...

Atx13

3 Year Member
Well I got started on T's in general with a free LP sling from Kens shop... Then I went KRAZY!!! Haha..!
My first T was a 3" obt, I was about 11 or 12.. went to a reptile show with my(then) step dad, who was looking for a snake of somesort, stumbled across a table full of Ts and scorpions.. talked step dad into getting the "giant" orange spider.. was love at first bite.. almost literally, that thing would of eaten my face if I let her.. :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good luck with that singapore, Dalilah, they are nasty little beasts :p

He's behaving so far. It's that dang M. robustum that I am worried about. Although I think it was just stress. She's not done anything crazy since the initial rehoming. Going to be watching these arboreal guys closely. Speedy little things.

I have always loved all critters, especially inverts. My mother was terrified of spiders, so I only kept things like Mantids and Stickbugs til college when a friend had me watch his Rosie for almost a year. I loved her. Fast forward nearly a decade and out of the blue my hubby suggests we get something like a tarantula or such as, with my biologist background, I love observing the critters we find while hiking. Four months later we are up to 13 tarantulas. And since he hates the number 13 I must soon acquire at least one more. :)

Atx13

3 Year Member
Never kept an m. Robustum, were alwasy a little out of my pethole price range, lol..
Your 14th should be a lovely P.regalis :) or which ever pokie you fancy the most. They're pretty much laid back compared to asian or african arboreals, and less likely to bite. Just my experience tho. I love arboreal Ts, until recently, that's pretty much all I've ever kept :).

Atx13

3 Year Member
They got a P.rufilata in at the petshop.. but are asking 99.99 for a 1.5inch sling... pfft, I'm going back tomorrow to see if they have it.. and offer like 60 just to take it.

Atx13

3 Year Member
The manager at the shop I go to keeps Ts, so hell bring some in and try to sell em at the shop, I usually end up with them.. lol

Latest posts