• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome from Springdale, Arkansas

Kashdaddy1792

i have recently bought a Feather Leg. I am a complete beginner and understand I probably bought the wrost beginner tarantula but its okay I will love it and give it its best life. hopefully with a little help from you guys I will be successful.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome.
As long as you know and fully understand their capabilities you'll do ok, I started in the hobby with an OBT. I find the S. calceatum are very fast but very quick to hide away when disturbed.

Kashdaddy1792

Hi and welcome.
As long as you know and fully understand their capabilities you'll do ok, I started in the hobby with an OBT. I find the S. calceatum are very fast but very quick to hide away when disturbed.

thank you! I have just gottem him today and put him in his new enclosure but he hasn't left the corner of it for a couple hours and the cricket I put in there he hasn't so much as touched but I figure I should leave it in there until it either dies or gets eaten? maybe in a day or so my little guy will burrow or web

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome aboard. Great species. A bit reclusive but beautiful!!! Consider tapping the enclosure before your hand enters its space. It will invariably hide from you—this is good. S. calceatum’s venom is near the top of the severe list (that is, if you are a mouse....LOL).

Please send us a pic when you can!

Latest posts