• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weirdest videos I've seen lately.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I also posted another one in the scorpion section about an enclosure which allowed H spinifer to go totally underwater.

I wonder if Justina (L Klugi) would play with a cat toy like that. My only concern would be getting her legs stuck in the slots.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What's wrong with a paint brush and a slurpee cup anyway? Plus, he's using a trick for that centipede. He's probably cooling them off to about 60 or 65 degrees. Of course, once it warms up it gets feisty and bites him. Watch the video carefully.

This is another illustration. This is the first picture of my scorpion before I finished the purchase. She was sold as docile to me at the repticon in Baltimore. It was about 58-63 or so degrees.

In fact, she was sold as the selfie scorpion!! Inverts do not belong on your ex girlfriend's friend!! (Who btw won't speak to her anyone either.)

I prefer them as nature intended, or at least kept in somewhat natural conditions.

20170121_143253.jpg
20170121_143251.jpg
H spinifer thirsty 3.jpg
Scorp badass2.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cain is a Hysterocrates Gigas who fish in the wild lol I actually spoke about doing this with mine with a few members but I hit a wall when the pet store refused to sell me a goldfish when I explained what it was for lol! I could catch minnows at the local river but who knows what parasites you could expose your T too? Enjoyable videos all the same hehe
Goldfish (and some other species, there are lists but I'm not on my pc) contain thiaminase which breaks down thiamin in their flesh and in the flesh of the animal/fish that eats them, including people but cooking destroys thiaminase, freezing does not. This is why goldfish are not good for feeding predatory fish or reptiles, they can lead to liver failure and other problems if used as a primary food source. In a wild situation predators eat the whole fish, including the gut contents loaded with food high in thiamin (plant material mostly.) so the effect is minimal. I wonder if this is an issue with these tarantulas? And what are the chances of anyone testing to find out? Pretty slim I'd say !

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The mature mice might cause damage. I can sorta see doing a pinkie if the T is in decline and nothing else works. I've heard that in some cases it helps. I haven't had the need to feed any to my animals yet.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I’d never feel the need to feed mice to any T... It’s not only cruel (to me anyway lol) but it seems people who know their stuff advise against it...
I agree, it does sound cruel, although giving already frozen mice to dnakes i understand (my favorite pet store was sut down two years ago because they fed frozen mice to the snakes), i am one of those who advise against feeding mice to tarantulas. They don't need them, especially alive, as mice could do some physical harm to the tarantula. I amgoing on 4-5 years in the hobby and my opinion has not changed, nor will it.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some of those hissers are massive. My L Klugi also likes earthworms. They are big, probably have a different mix of nutrients then typical insect feeders and are totally harmless to any spider, even if molting. It's probably a good idea to drop the worm into water of a moderate temp to clean off debris first. I haven't tried offering them to any other spiders yet. They might have a slight laxative effect but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Last edited: