• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird hair like things in cocnut shell hide.

bbolivier1234

So i have a mexican red knee t and i peek in the enclosure and i see these little hairs sticking out from the roof. Could this be mold or roots?

Attachments

• 20211014_213234.jpg
    20211014_213234.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 27

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Mold is usually not a issue with spiders unless your substrate is soaking wet and your ventilation is bad. Ive got 100s of tarantulas and I bet there's some type of mold in just about every burrow. I'm not seeing anything but webbing/silk in your photo.

bbolivier1234

Mold is usually not a issue with spiders unless your substrate is soaking wet and your ventilation is bad. Ive got 100s of tarantulas and I bet there's some type of mold in just about every burrow. I'm not seeing anything but webbing/silk in your photo.
Im positive its mold, maybe you dont see it through the photo.

x_raphael_xx

Webbing would be a more random patterning. The way its all very straight in the same direction looks like mold to me.

Harmless to a T. It's just your preferred aesthetic if you want to bother removing or not.