• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weight Loss

Sophie

3 Year Member
Hey. I bought a tarantula from the pet shop about a week ago. It was missing a leg when we bought it but seemed to be managing okay. I held her yesterday and she seemed fine, healthy and plump, although when I checked her today, she rapidly lost weight. There was mucus or something where she was sitting. The pet shop thinks she's about two years old and should be ready to shed soon, but I can't find her symptoms online. She's also been swaying back and forth. So far, I've seen her eat 2 meal worms in the time that I've had her. She's been really moody, ie. she's rearing up when I check on her. any suggestions?

Sophie

3 Year Member
IMG_4671.JPG

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
are u sure she lost weight and didn't molt and u cant see the molt. The only time a tarantula looks like it looks a bunch of mass over night would be after it molted.